AS THE final day of the campaign period ended on May 7, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) reminds voters on what to do and what not to do in tomorrow’s synchronized elections, May 9.
Day before the election, the voters should:
1. Examine the platforms and qualifications of the candidates.
2. Make a list of candidates to vote.
3. Know ahead the location of your voting center and precinct through www.comelec.gov.ph or go to your local Comelec office. In Cagayan de Oro, you can visit Burgos corner Gomez streets and Misamis Oriental in Luna street near old Land Transportation Office (LTO)-Northern Mindanao.
On Election Day:
1. Bring the list with the names of the candidates you will vote.
2. Bring a valid ID or your registration stub.
3. Proceed to voter helpdesk to know your precinct number or look at the posted voters list.
4. Do not over vote.
5. Do not take picture of the ballot and the VCM screen.
On the Voting Process:
1. Go to your assigned polling center and polling precinct from 6 a.m. yo 5 p.m.
2. Fall in line in the holding area of your precinct. Give your name, valid ID and precinct number to the Board of Election Inspectors (BEIs).
3. Get your ballot, secrecy folder, marker and proceed to the voting area. Make sure your ballot is clean of any marks and do not make any marks on the ballot.
4. Undervoting and abstaining is allowed; overvoting is not. If you overvote, the vote will not be counted.
5. Shade the entire oval corresponding to your candidate of choice. Cover you ballot using the secrecy folder that even poll watchers and BEIs cannot look at your ballot.
6. Insert the ballot in the Vote Counting Machine (VCM).
7. Wait for Voter’s receipt receptacle from the VCM and let the precinct supervisor cut your receipt from the machine.
8. Take your receipt and verify your vote then drop to the box provided for.
9. Return the secrecy folder and marker. Have your finger marked with indelible ink and leave the polling precinct.