P29-M worth of illegal drugs seized in Cagara

BUTUAN CITY -- The Police Regional Office (PRO) in Caraga Region has released its latest statistics on its war against illegal drugs.

Figures show that from July 1 until the 21st, about P29 million worth of illegal drugs were seized and about 14,000 drug personalities from the different parts of the region voluntarily reported to authorities for the police’s "Oplan Tokhang."

“The data that we have is based on the outcome from police buy (drug)-bust, patrol or response and implementation of search warrants operations. The overall figure of seized drugs of both shabu or methamphetamine hydrochloride and marijuana based on Dangerous Drug Board is valued at P29,129,572 has been collected from the 14,134 number of police operations all throughout the region and combined efforts from the provincial police offices of Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Butuan City Police Office (BCPO) and those seized by the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG),” said Police Senior Inspector Charity Galvez, officer in charge of the public information office of PRO-Caraga.

Galvez said that the data compiled by PRO-Caraga reveal that several drug personalities were arrested during the 21-day span.

“From the 14,134 police operations conducted, we have about 110 drug personalities that had been arrested with the largest number of 33 individuals coming from Surigao del Norte Provincial Police Office (SDNPPO). Agusan del Sur PPO had 27 arrests, 17 from Surigao del Sur PPO, BCPO with 15, eight from Agusan del Norte PPO, one from Dinagat PPO and then nine from CIDG,” said Galvez.

Based on the anti-illegal drugs monitoring data of the PRO-Caraga it revealed that they yielded a total of 14,060 individuals that pledged to stop their use of illegal drugs and its trade.

The breakdown drug personality who yielded is as follows: 3,620 from Agusan del Norte, 3,409 from Agusan del Sur, 1,691 from Butuan City, 154 from Dinagat, 2,478 from Surigao del Norte, 2,708 from Surigao del Sur.

The police data also shared that only one person has died from the anti-drug operation conducted in Surigao del Norte.

“We are expecting the figures to increase in the next few days as more operations are being conducted and several more activities based on our Oplan Tokhang continue,” concluded Galvez.


style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph