Police say slain man in Lapu-Lapu not a thief

THE Lapu-Lapu City Police said that the death of Renante Goc-ong who was shot in Barangay Pajo, Lapu-Lapu City last Tuesday dawn may be drug-related.

PO3 Luisito Ernie, investigator of the case in Lapu-Lapu Police Homicide Section, clarified that Goc-ong, 33, was not involved in theft incidents.

“Based on the follow-up investigation conducted by this office, it was revealed that the victim was a notable drug user and was not involved in any theft incident. It might be that the motive of the incident was drug-related,” a part of the police report read.

Goc-ong was shot dead on Punta Rizal St. by two unidentified assailants past 12:30 a.m. last Tuesday.

The victim was watching a TV show at a gasoline station when one of the gunmen and shot him.


Goc-ong, a resident of Sitio Mahogany, Barangay Poblacion, was able to run away, but the gunman followed and shot him on the highway and fled on a motorcycle driven by another man.

Goc-ong suffered several gunshot wounds in the body.

Goc-ong’s body was subjected to an autopsy examination at the PNP Crime Laboratory 7 last July 26.

According to the progress report signed by Ernie, the evidence recovered from the crime scene were submitted for ballistic examination.

The police had been conducting follow-up operations for the identification and arrest of the assailant.

Last Thursday morning, a man was found dead in a drainage at the fish port in Barangay Sawang Calero, Cebu City.

Ronaldo Conchas, 35, a laborer, who lived in Sitio Buwaran, Sawang was last seen alive last at 11 a.m. July 17.


Berto Estillore, 50, a trisikad driver who lives near the drainage said he smelled a foul odor.

When he went to check, Estillore found the body in the canal.

He then asked his neighbors to call the police.

Homicide investigator PO3 Cristobal Geronimo told Sun.Star Cebu that they are looking into a possibility that Conchas was killed because he had been missing for more than 10 days.

Geronimo also said that the Conchas may have been killed somewhere and that his body was washed away due to the heavy rains in the past few days.

Geronimo said that the victim’s body was already decomposing.

Maribel Gijan, Conchas’s live-in partner said that the last time they saw each other last July 17, Conchas told him that he would be scavenging for coins at the fish port.

He did not return. Danielle Ann A. Tan USJ-R intern
style="display:block; text-align:center;"


SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.

Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!