TWO persons were caught with P7.1 million worth of shabu in Sitio Lareha, Barangay Kalunasan and 4th St. in Guadalajara, Guadalupe, Cebu City yesterday dawn.
According to Chief Inspector Jose Gesto of Guadalupe Police Station, the two were big-time drug pushers who sold shabu in bulk.
“Lisod madakpan (They were hard to catch),” said Gesto, who added that the police had tried to persuade the two to give up illegal drugs as part of Oplan Tokhang, but the two did not submit themselves to the authorities.
“Gahi man sila. Wala sila mo surrender (They’re tough. They didn’t surrender to us),” he said.
But at 1:10 a.m. Thursday, in a buy-bust operation, Junryl “Junjun” Bulat-ag, 28, was caught first when he handed shabu to a decoy, in exchange for P10,000.
Bulag-at, who hails from Davao del Norte and lives on 4th St., revealed to the police that he knew someone who had more drugs than he did and pointed to a residence in Sitio Lareha in the adjacent barangay of Kalunasan.
The police verified his claim and after five minutes, arrested Richard “Chard” Paguidopon, 40.
Paguidopon said he felt happy that the police got to him first because it was difficult for him to back out from the illegal drug business.
“Nalipay ko kay daghan nang nanghulga nako nga patyon ko ug akong pamilya (I am happy the police got to me first because many persons have threatened to kill me and my family),” he said.
When asked where he sourced his drugs, he said that it came from someone he knew only as Endong in the New Bilibid Prisons in Muntinlupa City.
Shabu weighing 400 grams, some of them in bulk packs, was confiscated from his possession together with P20,500 cash and the P10,000 used during the buy-bust.
The drugs were estimated to be worth P4.4 million.
Bulag-at, who had pointed the police in Paguidopon’s direction, said he, too, was happy that he was caught so that his family will be safe from those who threatened them.
He alleged it was Paguidopon who made him a drug courier.
“Bag-o pa gyud ko nila (I began working with them just recently),” he said in a TV5 report.
Shabu worth an estimated P2.7 million was seized from him along with P11,000, believed to be drug proceeds, and the P10,000 buy-bust money.
Gesto said that the two alleged pushers’ operations covered the southern part of Cebu and reached as far as Bohol.
The two had been placed under two months’ surveillance. “Dugay ni nato silang gipanid-an (We monitored them for a long time),” he said.
Gesto commended the two as they had not resisted arrest.
During a recent operation by the police, shabu worth P416,000 was seized from two alleged drug pushers (previously reported as users) on the boundary of Barangay Labangon and Barangay Calamba, also in Cebu City.
Vicente Maning, 48, was caught with 25 grams of shabu worth P298,000 while Raymund Bingil, 49, yielded two bulk packs of shabu worth P118,000.