SECTIONS
philippines
Sunday, September 26, 2021

Mayor wants quicker redesign

CEBU City Mayor Tomas Osmeña wants changes in the construction of the new Cebu City Medical Center (CCMC), an official said.

Office of the Building Official (OBO) Chief Engr. Josefa Ylanan disclosed the mayor wants to already see a functional facility with the existing contract with C.E. Padilla Construction.

“The design for now is good for ten floors, but (structural) frames pa man na. So ongoing ang sabot-sabot ron on how to do it so that the building will be functional. There should be floors that will be completed...It won’t look good that we spend hundreds of millions and the building is still unused or cannot be used,” she said.

The contract with C.E Padilla, which amounts to P514.9-million, covers the construction of the first phase of the 10-storey building. It involves the establishment of the building’s foundation and the structural frames.

The entire project is estimated to cost P1.5 billion.

Contract

In an interview, Ylanan said the mayor wants the P514.9 million contract to be able to finish at least five floors of the building, which can already be used.

“Ang remaining floors, i-ongoing ang construction but it will be dependent on how careful the contractor will be. Pareha ra na sa commercial buildings (of real property developers) nga di sa i-kumpleto tanan,” she said.

Ylanan said the mayor is already talking with the different consultants and engineers of the City Government on how to go about the matter.

She begged off from disclosing who are the consultants involved.

The mayor, she added, wants the partially-completed facility to be in place within one year from the start of the consultation.

Nothing final

Asked if the current contract with C.E. Padilla needs to be amended, Ylanan said there is nothing final yet.

Basta there are procurement processes that will make it legal. That is why nalangan gyud ta karon kay di ta mo-shortcut (it was delayed because we don’t do shortcuts). We don’t want to commit any mistakes like before...Gusto ni Mayor Tom nga we, the person nga gitagaan sa trabaho (who is give the job), will execute it without questions,” she said.

The works for the project had been suspended since June after it was earlier found that it had no building permit. The City earlier aimed to resume the construction after one month.

Ylanan made clear that the contractor was already able to comply with all the requirements needed so the project will be issued a building permit.

The permit, she said, will be signed after the changes the mayor wants to be implemented will be finalized.
style="display:block; text-align:center;"
data-ad-layout="in-article"
data-ad-format="fluid"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2836569479021745"
data-ad-slot="1977900730">


VIEW COMMENTS
DISCLAIMER:

SunStar website welcomes friendly debate, but comments posted on this site do not necessarily reflect the views of the SunStar management and its affiliates. SunStar reserves the right to delete, reproduce or modify comments posted here without notice. Posts that are inappropriate will automatically be deleted.


Forum rules:

Do not use obscenity. Some words have been banned. Stick to the topic. Do not veer away from the discussion. Be coherent. Do not shout or use CAPITAL LETTERS!

sunstar.com.ph