THE Davao City Government increased from P2 million to P3 million the bounty for anyone who could provide information on the perpetrators of last Friday's deadly blast at Roxas night market in Davao City.
Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio announced on Thursday, September 8, the reward was raised by P1 million from the initial P2 million declared on Monday.
The city mayor said the additional amount came from donations of a businessman and a law firm.
“A businessman in Davao City donated P500,000 for the additional reward money and a law firm through Finance Secretary Sonny Dominguez also gave another P500,000,” she said.
Duterte-Carpio said Monday, September 5, the P1 million will be given to those who will provide information on the whereabouts of the suspects.
Read: Carto sketch of Davao bombing main suspect out
Another P1 million will be given to those who will bring the suspect to authorities, she said.
With the additional amount, the reward for those who can give information will remain at P1 million while the mayor has allotted P2 million to those who can present the suspects alive to the authorities.
Dabawenyos can reach the Central 911 upon knowledge of the suspects' identity or whereabouts.
Duterte-Carpio also gave out 0917-DUTERTE or 0917-3883783 hotline for people from outside the city who hold vital information on the suspects of the bombing which killed 14 and injured 70.
The city mayor previously stated she wanted the suspects alive so she would know which group they belong and so the police can prevent other planned attacks. (CCC)