Thursday, January 23, 2020
Subscribe to newsletter
Subscribe to e-paper
CAGAYAN DE ORO
CAGAYAN DE ORO
Justin K. Vestil
61 - 70 From 2359 Result
Evacuate areas stricken by landslides, Boljoon told
THE Boljoon Municipal Government might have to conduct a forced evacuation in Sitios Camfranco and Sangi in Barangay Lower Becerril. This was the recommendation of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (PDRRMO) after another landslide struck the barangay, nearly ...
From 804 days ago
More than 50 Yolanda-hit schools in northern Cebu completed repairs
FOUR years after typhoon Yolanda hit northern Cebu, the Department of Education (DepEd) continues to fund for the repair and construction of new classrooms in affected public schools. More than 50 out of 114 public schools in northern Cebu, which received ...
From 806 days ago
‘All’s well’ with provincial tourism
VICE Gov. Agnes Magpale will not resign as chairperson of the Provincial Tourism Commission. This, after Provincial Tourism Officer Boboi Costas apologized to her over disagreements over some tourism programs implemented by the Provincial Government. Costas, in a separate interview, ...
From 810 days ago
Grave settlers clear areas for All Souls’ Day
AT the Cebu Chinese Cemetery in Barangay Hipodromo, Cebu City, informal settlers living there become literal “ghosts” on All Saints and All Souls Day. Some families living in mausoleums there will “disappear” on All Saints and All Souls Day to give ...
From 814 days ago
Graves of Vidal’s family ‘will not be neglected’
THE Archdiocese of Cebu will continue to take care of the graves of the late Cebu Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal’s relatives at the Carreta cemetery. Msgr. Joseph Tan, Cebu Archdiocesan spokesperson, told SunStar Cebu that Vidal’s father Fructuoso Sr., his aunt ...
From 817 days ago
Cebu bids adieu to Vidal
PLEASE continue to tell stories of the late Cebu Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal, Manila Archbishop Luis Antonio Cardinal Tagle appealed to the 55,000 people who attended Vidal’s funeral mass at the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral yesterday. Tagle said that the Cebuanos’ genuine ...
From 818 days ago
Vidal's tomb temporarily off limits to public
THE tomb of retired Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal is temporarily off limits to the public for a week following the decision of the Archdiocese of Cebu to close it starting Thursday, October 26. Fr. Brian Brigoli, chairman of the ...
From 819 days ago
Cebuanos to bid final farewell to Vidal
MORE people are expected to flock to the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral today to pay their last respects and witness the burial of Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal. At 9 a.m. on this official day of mourning, Cebuanos will bid ...
From 819 days ago
Museum shows Vidal’s concern for heritage
CEBU Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal was an advocate for the protection of church heritage and, among his projects, converted the old rectory of the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral into a museum. Following his death last week, the Cathedral Museum is preparing ...
From 820 days ago
Del Mar shares memories of the late cardinal
LIKE a fallen tree, Cebu Archbishop Emeritus Ricardo Cardinal Vidal’s death was “thunderous,” said Cebu City North District Rep. Raul del Mar yesterday. Last night was the first necrological service for Vidal at the Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. During his 15-minute speech, del ...
From 821 days ago