Construction worker electrocuted

CEBU CITY – A construction worker was rushed to a hospital Monday morning after he was electrocuted while working at the rooftop of a two-storey building on the corner V. Rama corner B. Rodriguez streets, this city.

A radio report said Jovel Pataytay was painting on the roof deck of the building owned by Luisa Uy when he accidentally touched a high tension wire attached to a post of the Visayan Electric Company.

CEBU. Neighbors remove construction worker Jovel Pataytay from the roof deck of a building on the corner of V. Rama and B. Rodriguez streets after he was zapped by a high tension wire on Monday. (Nini Cabaero)

Bureau of Fire Protection personnel immediately reached the area after its radio operator, Butch Labasbas, received an emergency call at 10:14 a.m.

Paramedics from the Emergency Rescue Unit Foundation Inc. transported Pataytay to the Cebu City Medical Center. The victim allegedly suffered from burns.

No other details were available as of this posting. (Sunnex)

Trending

No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.
www.sunstar.com.ph