MANILA -- Malacanang announced Sunday several new appointees of President Benigno Aquino III.
The announcement was made by deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte on government-run Radyo ng Bayan.
The appointees are as follows:
- Felipe de Leon Jr., Ramon Tuazon, Rosario Manalo as committee members of the Unesco National Commission of the Philippines with a term of three years each
- Candido Astrologo Jr. as director IV of the National Statistical Coordination Board (NSCB) and National Economic Development Authority (Neda)
- Jessamyn Encarnacion as acting director III of NSCB and Neda
- Roberto Muldong as acting chairman of the Philippine Reclamation Authority
- Teresita Inciong as chairperson of the Early Childhood Care and Development Council
- Rogelio Elveña and Geoffrey Dacula as acting members of the board of directors of the National Tobacco Administration (NTA), and Department of Agriculture (DA)
- Ananias Villacorta as director IV of the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)
- Emmanuel Caparas, Benjamin G. Yambao, Maria Cecilia G. Soriano and Hermogenes Fernando as acting members of the board of trustees of the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) and Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH)
- Geronimo Kilayco as president and chief executive officer of the United Coconut Planters’ Bank (UCPB)
- Petroneli Merecido Baidebrin, Arnel Bondiles Escobal, Geronimo Españo Aguilar Jr., Roque Portero Alcantara, Aurelio Reyes Ducay Jr., Florence Picardal Natnat as Police Senior Superintendents of the Philippine National Police
- Arturo Geminiano Capdac Jr. as Police Deputy Director General of PNP
Asked if the President already decided on the appointments for the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board, Valte said Aquino has signed the papers but still doing some adjustments particularly on the board seat.
The term of MTRCB officials, including its chairperson Grace Poe-Llamanzares, already expired last September 30. (Jill Beltran/Sunnex)