P45,000 properties lost in Cebu fire

CEBU CITY (Updated) -- Properties worth at least P45,000 were burned when a fire broke out in a house at Barangay Basak San Nicolas, this city.

Senior Fire Officer 1 Virgilio Niñal said the fire broke out at 7:17 a.m. at the house owned by Rosemarie Uy and rented by couple Alejo and Loreto Takbobo.

Niñal said an unattended lighted mosquito coil at the couple's bedroom has caused the fire.

The Takbobo couple suffered minor burns and were brought to the Cebu City Medical Center for treatment.

Local firefighters responded to the fire that was declared under control at 7:37 a.m. (Tashuana Alemania/Sunnex)

Trending

No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.
www.sunstar.com.ph