MOST people are guilty of taking into their mouths whatever they want during the Holidays. We often ignore the number of carbohydrates, fat mass, sugar, and even protein we intake that are ideal for our body mass index (BMI).
With all the family gatherings and feasts during the holidays, we need to be mindful of what we eat.
Thus, Young Living held its final Davao Learning Session of the year on December 9 at 1:30 p.m., discussing how to have guilt-free, healthy holidays.
Dr. Leia Lacuesta-Corro and Katherine Ponla shared the importance of making smart food choices and maintaining a balanced diet during the festive season.
Dr. Lacuesta-Corro talked about what people need to do according to their body composition. She also talked about what diets are best for everybody as well as the nutrition perspective for the holidays.
"Ang nangyayari during holidays kasi is that we're more concerned about weight loss than prevention of weight gain," the lady doctor said.
She shared that Westernized cafeterias or restaurants also contributed to the weight gain and imbalanced diet of the Filipinos because they make their food very tasty, which implies that it also contains lots of fat or sodium.
Thus, she advised that when eating at buffet restaurants, the public should beware of the following:
-- Carbohydrate and fat-and-sodium foods
-- High energy-dense and ultra-processed foods
* Weight change and percent body fat change
* Hedonic eating or eating that is more focused on the rewarding characteristics of food rather than strictly satisfying physiological hunger
* Freely and readily available unhealthy choices
In summary, Dr. Lacuesta-Corro's talk emphasized that people usually intake more toxins through food we intake than nutrients during the holidays than in any other regular season.
In the second part, Ms. Ponla emphasized that since it's the toxins in food that make us unhealthy and sick, it needs to be flushed out from our bodies. Thus, she added that there is no better gift we give ourselves but wellness.
Ponla introduced several Young Living products that helps to cleanse our bodies from impurities-
Essential Oils and food flavourings that can support weight management, too.
- Lemon Plus – add to warm water, teas or bake goodies
- Grapefruit Plus – added to water & teas
- Orange – diffuse & apply topically
- Lemongrass – diffuse apply topically
2. Sulfurzyme capsules -naturally occurring organic form of dietary sulfur needed by our bodies every day to maintain the structure of proteins.
3. Peppermint Vitality - supports normal digestion, normal gut function, exercise performance, promotes healthy bowel function when added to tea or other recipes
4. Digize Vitality - supports normal digestion and wellness regimen and can be added to warm water and teas, as well. Great to take after all the buffet meals with your family!
5. Ningxia Red - a powerful antioxidant drink. Good to take daily to support our immune system.
6. Essentialzymes-4 - a plant- and animal-based digestive enzyme that supports proper nutrient absorption, aids in the digestion of fats, protein, fiber, and carbohydrates found in modern processed diets, and supports the immune system and proper brain function and alertness
7. Essential Probiotics Plus - with six strains of active prebiotics and probiotics and contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6, and C, Biotin and Zinc plus wolfberry; and
8. Introducing Young Living's new product, the Black Ginger PMF - helps people to keep in shape as they age because it increases energy production, boosts metabolism, helps achieve weight and fitness goals, and supports physical fitness performance and muscular endurance. CEA