Ilocos police to pursue internal cleansing, anti-drug war

INTERNAL cleansing and intensified campaign against illegal drugs were identified by Chief Superintendent Romulo Sapitula, Police Regional Office (PRO)-Ilocos director, as among his top priorities for 2018.

Superintendent Ferdinand de Asis, PRO-Ilocos information officer, said the new regional police chief not only seeks to make all communities peaceful, safe and orderly but also wants to instill discipline in the ranks of the police, thus the need for internal cleansing.

De Asis said the PRO used to be known as the best regional office in the country and should once again be.

Aside from putting all men in uniform under re-training, they should not be involved in illegal activities, especially in illegal drugs, he said.

Sapitula, according to De Asis, ordered the police to focus on stamping out illegal drugs because he believes this is the root cause of crimes.

Sapitula said that about 90 percent of the barangays in Ilocos now have been cleared of illegal drugs, and the regional director wants the remaining 10 percent to also be cleared as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, De Asis ordered the setting up of police desks manned by lady cops in public places like malls in order to bring their services closer to the people. (PNA)


No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.