Labor office to start accepting Spes applicants online

THE Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) is undertaking preparations for the implementation of on-line registration of applicants for the Special Program for the Employment of Students (Spes) in the region.

DOLE Regional Director Ofelia Domingo said part of the preparations is the construction of a website where Spes applicants can register on-line starting this month.

Domingo said it will hasten the registration and lessen the expenses of the applicants once the system is in place.

She said the office will have a data bank of Spes workers since they will only have to submit documents once and “spend less for transportation because they can follow-up on line, and an identification card will also be generated for them.”

Spes is an employment bridging program during summer or Christmas vacation that aims to augment the family’s income of poor but deserving students, out-of-school youths (OSYs) or dependents of displaced workers who intend to finish their education.

Each of the students employed through the SPES receives PhP296 daily based on the minimum wage law for Region 9. The duration of employment ranges from 30 to 78 days.

The employer shoulders 60 percent of the employees’ salary while the remaining 40 percent by DOLE. (SunStar Philippines)

Trending

No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.
www.sunstar.com.ph