THE Supervision and Examination Sector (SES) of the BSP is responsible for determining the sound operation of banks and other BSP-supervised financial institutions (BSFIs).
In this regard, the SES may inquire into the solvency and liquidity of banks, and assess the banks and the BSFIs’ compliance with laws and regulations in the conduct of its business.
To efficiently enforce this ongoing initiative, BSP issued Memorandum No. M-2017-028 to discuss the guidelines for submitting reports to the BSP-SES through the Supervisory Data Center (SDC), with the following salient points:
1. All reports must be electronically submitted to the official SDC e-mail address and must be supported with the corresponding scanned control proof list in Portable Document File (PDF) format. The scanned PDF must be signed by the authorized official of the BSFI.
2. The list of prescribed reports and its corresponding details, such as report deadlines, official SDC e-mail address and covered institutions, are enumerated in Annex A of the said memo.
3. In case BSFIs are unable to transmit it electronically, they can submit the reports in compact disc (CD) or any portable storage device through messengerial or postal services to:
Supervisory Data Center (SDC)
Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
11th Floor, Multi-Storey Building
BSP Complex, A. Mabini Street
Malate, Manila 1004
4. BSFIs can register a maximum of four e-mail addresses, wherein one of the four must belong to the compliance officer.
5. The reports must be submitted using a registered e-mail address to be recognized and accepted by the SDC.
6. For Category A-2 reports, BSFIs must submit an accomplished registration form (RF) signed by the authorized official and the corresponding Excel file. The aforementioned documents must be submitted to the following e-mail addresses: (see the photo above)
Please be guided accordingly. For more information, you may refer to BSP Memorandum No. M-2017-028. (Source: P&A Grant Thornton)