Foreigners with expired cards may enter PH

THE Bureau of Immigration (BI) said foreigners with expired alien certificate of registration identity cards ACR I-Card may enter the country.

It said immigrant and permanent residents whose ACR I-Card have expired may still travel to the Philippines if they have valid re-entry permits (RPs).

In a memorandum to all terminal heads of different international airports, BI Acting Port Operations Division Chief Carlos Capulong reiterated a previous directive of BI Commissioner Jaime Morente to allow the entry of alien immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards.

“We are still being besieged with queries as to whether these aliens who are permanent residents and immigrants with expired I-Cards can go back to the Philippines. They can do so as long as they can present their valid RPs,” Capulong said.

Morente issued the directive upon recommendation of the bureau’s Alien Registration Division (ARD), which held that arriving immigrants with expired ACR I-Cards should not be turned back but be advised only to renew their cards at the Bureau.

According to the ARD, these ACR I-Cards cannot be used as basis to admit an alien immigrant, as it merely serves as proof that the latter is registered with the BI.

Capulong said aliens who are holders of non-immigrant visas must be in possession of valid ACR I-Cards to be allowed entry into the Philippines.

As for aliens whose re-entry permits and special return certificates (SRC) have expired, Capulong said they may renew the same upon arriving at the airport before immigration clearance.

Department of Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra earlier issued a directive allowing aliens with expired re-entry permits and SRCs to extend and pay their fees at the airport.

Most of these alien visa holders failed to extend their RPs and SRCs as they were stranded abroad due to the pandemic and ongoing international travel restrictions.


No stories found.

Just in

No stories found.

Branded Content

No stories found.
SunStar Publishing Inc.